Nov 2, 2009

Home made pumpkin pie....




I had one pumpkin left from the weekend that hadn't been carved, so I decided to turn it into a pumpkin pie. This was the first time I had ever made a pumpkin pie from scratch!!! Turns out it is really simple!!! I made a round one and Susannah made a square one. We had some for dessert tonight with squeezy cream. Totally YUMMY and much more filling than bought pie or tinned filing - maybe because fresh pumpkin is unprocessed and so much more natural for you???

We are finding the same with Lloyds home made bread....I struggle to finish two slices of his bread as it is so filling - and it keeps me full for hours - yet processed wholewheat bread I can eat slices and slices of! It just isn't the same thing at all! Even Cobs bread isn't quite the same as Lloyds home made bread which just seems more REAL.....

Supper tonight was potato and bacon soup - a family favourite....smells so good in the slow cooker all day.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails