Nov 3, 2009

Privacy and safety...

Along with todays prompt for my Blogging for scrapbookers class, came a section on safety and privacy regarding blogs. This is something that concerns me because of how much content I put into my blog - the detail and information. I'd just like to mention that most of the time my blogs are private and locked. They are only open to friends and family who I allow access to.

I open them up only a few times each year when I take part in online classes where I would like to share the contents of my blog with members of my class and I find the easiest way to do this is via my blog being open.

I actually do not feel comfortable having my blog open to the public any more and prefer to know who is reading and when. When the current class is over, my blog will be private and locked again.

I AM well aware of all the safety issues around having my family's details online - I don't write blindly - I just believe that the benefits for me and my family FAR outweigh the risks.
Related Posts with Thumbnails