Dec 27, 2009

Annuals.....and good advice for a New Year!!

When I was a little girl I always received a new Annual for Christmas.  When I was very little it was either a 'Twinkle' Annual:


 or a 'Pippin' Annual:



and as I got older it changed to the Beano Annual:




and then the Jackie Annual:




and there were others such as the Just 17 Yearbook too.....and now, for the last few years, I've always had the Oprah Magazine 'annual' book.  This years is called 'Dream Big'.





It's full of the best articles from the last year of 'O' Magazine.   And one of these articles, especially, made me cry out YES!!!

Every month Oprah writes an article on what she 'Knows for sure....' and in this book, she writes an article that includes 20 of her favourite things she knows for sure!!  Here are a few of those things that I thought were wonderful....great advice for a new year!!  They aren't in the order Oprah had them...



You define your own life.  Don't let others write your script.

When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

Trust your instincts.  Intuition doesn't lie.

Love doesn't hurt.  It feels really good.

Every day brings a chance to start over.

And this too shall pass.

When you don't know what to do, get still.  The answer will come.



Related Posts with Thumbnails