Dec 26, 2009

Lady Cottington's Pressed Faeries....



I have loved this book for so long...I showed it to Lloyd fleetingly on the internet MONTHS and MONTHS ago......I can't believe he remembered!!!  I was sooooo amazed when I opened one of my gifts and saw what it was!!!  A special edition of this beautiful book!  It's like a book of pressed flowers but instead of flowers, they are squashed faeries!!!  They were all caught by the lady who was the little girl who saw the faeries at the bottom of her garden all those years ago in England!

She grew up but still regularly saw faeries and caught them by squashing them in books and getting imprints of them!!  Some of the prints are 'naughty' and show boobs and bums ;)  so the back few pages are actually sealed to 'protect the innocent' ;)

The book is beautifully written and sooooo clever and 'realistic'......

You can find out more about this book and read excerpts HERE
Related Posts with Thumbnails