Dec 11, 2009

My Thursday....

Yesterday was Abigails last gymnastics class.....originally it was going to be her LAST class because she didn't want to go back after Christmas - but she did so well on her report card and passed everything - got her badge and certificate etc etc that she now wants to go back again.....so we will try and get her back in after Christmas!!!

I wasn't sure she'd get there yesterday - firstly she couldn't find her leotard - and then the weather was bad - snowing a lot out here and icy slippery roads.  In town it wasn't snowing as much but we passed a few accidents and on the radio they said the highway was closed completely and there had been a fatality.  (sadly a 19 year old female driver died there yesterday - very sad).

We made it safely there and back though and I was yet again grateful to Lloyd for keeping my truck serviced and having winter tyres put on it so early!  Thank you baby for keeping us safe!!!

I'm so glad we did go as Abigail had so much fu at her class - said goodbye to her friends and was able to give her coach his present - he's only about 16 and is so great with the kids - especially Abigail who is a real pain in the butt in class I'm sure lol as she never listens!!!

While Abigail was in her class, Sam and I headed to the mall.  All of a sudden my cell phone beeped and it was Val asking where I was!!!  I was in Zellers sulking because despite them selling Fiskars products, they don't have paper trimmers!!!  :(  Val was in Safeway, and we both had just a few minutes to spare to meet for coffee :)  so we arranged to meet at the food court :)  It was nice to meet up again after soooooo long hahahaha - well at least a DAY!!!  ;)

Val was off home to finish decorating her Daughters birthday cake.  Vals beautiful Daughter K turned 15 yesterday!!!  Happy Birthday K :)

Oooooh West Edmonton Mall is on 100 Huntley Street :)  Wow I didn't know they had a Chapel at the mall!!!  The Marketplace Chapel!!  Hhmmmm.

After picking Abby up from gym yesterday we headed home to meet up with Susannah and Laurence, prepare an early supper and relax with Lloyd and everyone before heading out to the school concert.  Susannahs big night!!!  Susannah was one of the lead roles in the concert this year and sang her solo as well as lead many of the other songs - it was a wonderful night :)  Sad in a way as it will probably be our last school concert of that style.  Susannah will be in Junior High next year and they don't do Christmas concerts.  Although we are seriously considering moving her to the other school - in which case she will be in several plays/ musicals each year......I really do think that would be a good idea for her!  She may want to stay with her friends but the idea of all that singing, acting and dancing might just swing it for her ;)

Lots to think about.....

Val invited me out today, thank you Val...but I'm really tired - it's been a busy week and I'm sooooo tired - tomorrow is going to be a busy day too and so today I plan to have a quiet day at home - not doing too much - catching up on my Christmas journal - some activities with the kids and relaxing with a movie - and a really simple supper!!

Have a great day everyone - what are your plans for today?  What are your plans for the weekend?  Stay warm, safe and have a great time!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails