Dec 11, 2009

An Ode to Christmas...

I saw this FAB poem over at Deb's World!!  I thought it was so great that I had to post it!!  I did change the name of the grocery store to one that both sides of the Atlantic would recognise though ;)  Deb's blog is full of news about her life over in England and I love reading it  - last week she could be seen sipping drinks in a champagne bar ;)  glam huh???  Pop over to her blog and leave her a comment and say hi!!

Anyway, most Christmases I could probably relate to this poem very much, but thanks to JYC, THIS year I am feeling cool, calm and collected - very organized and VERY festive :)  The whole of December is feeling all Christmasy and fun instead of a rush just before Christmas :)  I DEFINITELY plan to do this every year from now on!!!  Thanks soooo much Shimelle!!




An Ode to Christmas

'twas two weeks before Christmas
just fourteen more sleeps 
And a feeling of anxiousness
was starting to creep


Lists were appearing
Wherever you went
And the wife had lost count
of the money she'd spent


A feeling of panic
was starting to show
As she realised there were
just 2 weeks to go


'There's so much to do,
Someone help me' she pleaded
But her cries for assistance
All went unheeded


There's turkeys to buy
And mince pies to make
I'll buy them from Tesco
And pretend I did bake


For there's too much for one
Little person to do
So forgive me for cheating
Happy Christmas to you!




Related Posts with Thumbnails