Dec 3, 2009

Thursday ramblings...

blegh....had coffee with Lloyd this morning - which is always lovely BUT we had to book Abigails art classes at 7am!!  Lloyd normally does this at work, but this morning he went in late, so it meant we did it together.  I am NOT a morning person - and so waking up and having to go on the computer straight away is NOT good for my little brain and my head!!!  It took me a while to be able to open my eyes - let alone focus on the screen!  And my brain wasn't working yet so concentrating was NOT easy!  I always say to Lloyd 'I don't know how you do this every morning'......I need to wake up slowly - with coffee in bed.  None of this 'get up and get going' business ;)

Anyway, I found the right page for him and then Lloyd took over and booked her in to all her classes - we are so pleased to get all the classes we wanted - they have some fabulous classes for the Spring Semester.  We really are lucky that our area runs such great classes for homeschoolers - not just in art but other subjects and activities too.  Next week the homeschool swim lessons can be booked.  Abigail is hoping to get in to those.  Sam can start those in the Spring too!!

I feel honoured to have been chosen to win one of just THREE free places on Amy Sorensons The Gift of Words class - it starts today!!!  It will be my first Big Picture Scrapbooking class - which is exciting as I have always wanted to take one of their classes!  Thank you sooooooo much to Stacy Julian who chose me out of 150 people who left comments on her blog!!  Stacy is the lady who has the FABULOUS Sprinkles website!  If you haven't read it, then check it out!!!!

The Gift of Words class sounds wonderful and I can't wait to start and learn how to improve my writing skills this Christmas!!!

Laurence and Susannah went to see TWO plays yesterday - White Christmas with us, and during the school day they also went to the local theatre and watched a performance of 'Hansel and Gretel'.  They especially liked that there was a fog machine that smelled of gingerbread!!!!  YUM!!!  :)

Tonight Chris is taking part in the first of two speech competitions.  He could have chosen between reading poetry or a story...part of a play etc but he has chosen to improvise.  This will mean that they will give him a topic and he will then have ten or twenty minutes or so to prepare a speech on that topic!  He then has to talk for TEN minutes!!!  Oh my!!  He is braver than I am!!!  I hope he does well - and enjoys it!

Next week he is taking part in a two day event at the Legislature.  People from across the Province will be taking part in a kind of fake legislature - they get to debate issues and vote on things etc etc - Chris is really in to debate and speech right now and is working on adding things to his resume and school profile with scholarships in mind.....

Lloyd and I are taking a little date night tonight - we have to go and collect Chris from his speech competition and so we will get coffee together while we are out.  Our real date night is tomorrow night when we are meeting some friends for dinner - we're going to a restaurant that we've never been to before too - so I'm really looking forward to that :)

It's chilly today.  It was -14c when I woke up and is only supposed to get to -6c today.  Then tomorrow they forecast up to 10cm of snow!!!!!  Yikes!!!  I can't imagine that melting away before December 25th, so it looks like we'll definitely be having a white Christmas!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails