Mar 11, 2010

cupcakes..




We made cupcakes today - kind of!!!  I have a favourite cupcake recipe - a perfect cupcake recipe.  My recipe always works!!  Today we stupidly didn't use my normal recipe but instead tried a super-de-duper 'vanilla-vanilla' recipe or whatever it was called from the Martha Stewart website.  Hhmmm!!  I was a little curious when it wanted so much all purpose flour.......my normal cupcakes use cake flour.  There didn't seem to be enough rising agent in these.......not compared to the other ingredients....

They tasted good but most fell apart and they did not rise well.  The recipe made a LOT - most crumbled and ended up on the bird table!!

The children just wanted to ice cupcakes - so I made up some icing and they got to choose which colour - in the end they chose to mix blue and yellow.  They were hoping it would make a different green to the  food colouring green we already had!  It didn't.  So yes, we had lovely yucky green cupcakes!

But the important thing was they had FUN :) 


Related Posts with Thumbnails