Mar 8, 2010

FINALLY!!

They are here!  It's 12:30pm and they are finally here!  There are several of them here - not sure how many - and you know what???  Not ONE of them has bothered to come and knock on the door and say hi and that they are here and who they are or apologise for their lateness or ANYTHING or whatever....now I KNOW why they are here etc etc - but still - I am in the middle of nowhere and they are a group of men and you'd think they would have the manners to say SOMETHING!!!

But no, they don't have the manners to acknowledge the homeowner.  If I remember correctly though (Val maybe you remember) When Denis was here the other week the boss of this company called round to see what materials they needed - and even HE did not acknowledge me - he acknowledged Denis and Jorke but NOT me :(  Ggggrrrrr.

I just find that sooooo rude and ignorant.  I don't know - maybe it is because I am so used to Denis and Mike and Tim, but the entire Apollo team is so polite and friendly and well mannered - even Derek is so well mannered and friendly.  I am just not used to a company like this.  Reminds me of the company we used to build our well!!!  They only ever spoke to Lloyd - it was as if they didn't believe in lowering themselves to speaking to women!!!  Grrrrrr!

Unfortunately it's a wraparound porch - so for the entire afternoon I will be surrounded by workmen and I will feel like a goldfish in a bowl.  Luckily my morning was spent getting the chores done, so dinner is in the crockpot (Thai green curry), the house is clean and tidy, laundry is done, schoolwork is done and the children are happily playing games and relaxing - so I can potter upstairs for the afternoon and not worry about it!  I think i'll take some black sacks upstairs and declutter the girls closet!  Then crochet/ knit for a while and check out swapbot!

Oh hang on:   12.37pm and it seems they are on their lunch break!!!!  omg!!!  I don't believe it!!!

Well thats it!  My coffee machine is on strike!
Related Posts with Thumbnails