Mar 8, 2010

Something From 'almost' Nothing!! - my stash!!













I start a new class on Wednesday - an online class designed to use up scrapbooking stash that you already have!  I'll let you into a little secret though - in the grand scale of things, compared to many people, I don't actually have THAT much - I used to - BUT - about a year or so ago, I had a really good decluttering session, and I got rid of a HUGE amount of 'stuff'!!  I sent it all to school with Susannah and her class had great fun with it!!  Her old teacher probably still has tons of it left for Mothers Day/ Easter and Christmas crafts etc etc - and just for general scrapbooking and artsy crafts with the kids!  They even started an Artist trading card club at her school - trading cards with another area school - so I'm sure the supplies were put to good use.  

I really like that I no longer have so much 'stuff' in the way when I work - I saved some of the papers I didn't want, for when the children want to scrapbook/ craft with me, but I don't have much.  It's nice now to just have things that I LOVE!!!  

I also don't find that I'm much of a scrapbooker these days anyway - I love mini albums and art journaling - being creative in other ways - but I rarely actually scrapbook - I am so looking forward to seeing how this class inspires me to use my supplies.  I'm not sure what kind of pages/ album I will create yet - i'll wait for the prompts before I decide.  Shimelle's classes are always so wonderful that I know my creative juices will start flowing.  JYC was so wonderful!  I loved the album I made for that!  

So yes, I didn't really sign up for this class because I have a lot of stash to use up - but more because it's one of Shimelle's classes and I wanted to be a part of it :)  And with that, here is my first homework - blogging pictures of my 'stash'!!!  

Are you PLAYING???










Related Posts with Thumbnails