Mar 25, 2011

Evening out...




This evening Laurence and I checked out the new art gallery in our town...it's only a small gallery but it was sweet enough.  The present exhibit is about art created in yarn.  There were felted vases, woven wall hangings, balloons in a  kind of knitted or macrame'd design, and a whole stream of colourful mice racing across the floor.

There was also a series of hangings produced on rice paper.  

Opposite those, there was a chance for the community to get involved.  You could write your idea for peace onto a strip of paper, and then weave it into the frame on the wall to add it to the peace weaving.  

Can you guess our ideas????  They are in the lower picture so you can see them closer up :)

After the art gallery we headed to the tanning salon where I topped up my colour.  It was complete bliss in there this evening...I think I almost fell asleep :)  Then we grabbed a quick bite to eat using up another coupon I had :)  Woohoo :)  LOVE those coupon books :)  

Home again to watch Going the Distance before the children arrived home from their Dads.  

I spent this tonight making a few quick plans / notes for Spring Break.  I have the little ones booked in to a few free workshops during the week.....and have a few other free/ cheap ideas planned for the week.  We also have swimming and roller skating planned :)  It should be a good week :)  
Fun fun fun :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails