Mar 25, 2011

My Truth tellers....


My little feathered friends continue to visit us....many have stayed all winter long and we have been sure to keep them fed well the whole time....scraps from the kitchen as well as a mixture of seeds and nuts.  Abigail has even made them treats that she has hung out using pine cones and peanut butter :)

My Blue Jays have stayed all winter, as have the Magpies and Chickadees and a few others....the woodpeckers etc.  Slowly but surely as the weather warms up we will see some of our regular Summer visitors returning.  I love seeing familiar faces returning each year to us, to feed and to nest :)  

One of the things I love about the fact we have lived here so long now, is that we recognise the birds as they return - we know their routines and patterns....the families that next here....their foods, their habits....

I love watching the changing of the seasons from my porch :)




Related Posts with Thumbnails