Mar 21, 2011

The mudroom....






I've run out of blue paint and haven't had a chance to go and get more yet because the children have been sick...hopefully tomorrow.....but here is the progress on the mudroom.  It has gone from nasty dirty white walls and a VERY old fashioned pink heart border, to a gorgeous Wedgwood blue....with white touches in the shelves, trim and cupboards so that the blue does not feel overpowering or dark.  

I want to collect all unusual hooks and have them going along the walls.  So far I have found the butterflies and I also have a dragonfly, a bee and also a row of garden spades to go up :)  I found all the hooks in the clearance aisle at Winners.  The white cupboard near the steps is the one Abby painted ($10. at Goodwill) and the valet was a Fathers Day gift to Lloyd from the kids a few years ago but he decided he didn't want it, so I sprayed it white and I think it looks fab in the mudroom!!  He always liked dark wood and I went along with him, so we have a lot of dark wood in the house.  Since he left I've sprayed a lot of it white or turquoise or whatever....dark wood shows the dust terribly so you have to dust almost daily!!  With 4 kids a dog and 2 cats in the house thats a nightmare!!  I have better things to do with my time than spend it dusting daily!!

The stickers on the wall are from Dollarama.  A coat/ hat stand and also wall words :)  

The heart shelf on the wall was $2. from Goodwill.  The chair was an old one we had that I just sprayed white.  

The mirror on the wall was on clearance at Winners because the frame (which was cream) was split in one corner.  I painted it white and knew that the paint would cover the crack anyway.  

I'm now looking for a HUGE ugly old picture in a HUGE ugly gold/ gilt frame.  I want to remove the picture and spray the frame white.  I want to pain the wall with magnetic/ blackboard paint and then hang the frame over that, so it looks like a framed blackboard :)  I think it will be great to have somewhere to write notes to each other and somewhere magnetic etc in the mudroom....a 'don't forget...' place!!  :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails