Apr 10, 2011

brunch in Canmore - a new favourite place...


We took a recommendation from the local 'dining out guide' and headed to 'Craigs Waystation' for brunch yesterday.  It said it had won the local award for great breakfasts for several years running, which is always good to hear!!  I thought I'd pick something a little different to normal, and so I opted for the 'Mushroom benedict' - Two eggs benedict over grilled mushrooms on top of an English Muffin.  Served with their hashbrowns which are the nicest I've ever had.  
It was DELICIOUS!!!  It was AMAZING!!!  Sooooo glad I picked that.  Susannah had sausages and bacon with pancakes.  The sausages tasted really 'English'....and were yummy!!!  So was the bacon!!  We ended up taking a sausage back to the car for Rosie too :)

I was really impressed - and the service was really friendly too.  We ended up going again this morning!  There was a HUGE line up and I considered not bothering but the line up moved sooooo fast!!  within a couple of minutes they showed us to a table with an amazing mountain view - we had the same server and she even remembered our order.  Service was fast and the food was good :)   I couldn't eat anywhere NEAR as much today though :(  Neither could Susie - Rosie got a lot more today ;)  
The mountain view, of course, definitely adds to the enjoyment of the meal :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails