Apr 22, 2011

Friday Five....

1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?   Two traditions that we have...one is to have Easter brunch outside on the deck - laying the table all nicely and making a real effort with croissants and jam, juice, hot cross buns, eggs and toast, coffee or whatever we feel like....The other tradition is that we have a big egg hunt - well two really - the first one is first thing in the morning when they get to hunt for their main BIG egg...this is hidden in the house somewhere and they have to find it, but we've always been good at hiding the older kids eggs REALLY well :)  In the afternoon  we also have another egg hunt to hunt for hundreds of little eggs - we try to have this outside and because we have 16 acres here, we are able to hide the eggs in the woods, through the long grass in the back fields, all around the front yard....The children rush off with their baskets or bags and fill them with the eggs they find :)

2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?   I LOVE long hot bubble baths and if I have a magazine, a nice drink and can top the hot water up, I will stay in there de-stressing and relaxing for HOURS :)  I also like long showers...and often daydream to the point I have no idea how long I've been in the shower - good job I'm not on a water meter...and sorry but no I'm not very good at saving water....

3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?   I managed it in order to pass my driving test in the UK, but don't think I've ever had to do it since....I park anywhere BUT somewhere I have to parallel park!!

4. What is your favorite Easter candy?  Cadburys Creme Eggs.

5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?  Easter is one of my favourite holidays - I love that it symbolises Springtime and renewal...I love that it's a fun family holiday with plenty of events happening around the area, but that the children don't expect much more than a few chocolate eggs to hunt and maybe some eggs to paint!!  There is no need to have to decorate over the top or spend endless money on toys and gifts....it's a holiday full of tradition and I think I have almost as many memories of Easter as a child as I do Christmas - maybe even more!

Being from England, we don't really 'do' the Easter Bunny....and as we are not a religious family, we don't particularly focus on that aspect either - although I do teach the story of Jesus and the Christian beliefs - just as I teach the Pagan ideas and other reasons behind holidays we celebrate.  I try and make holidays as much fun as possible - and full of traditions that the children will hopefully grow up remembering and will want to pass on to their families - not all of them but some I hope....
Related Posts with Thumbnails