May 1, 2011

A Royal Celebration....





I wasn't really planning on watching the Royal Wedding.  I don't watch tv....not even the news these days, so haven't been keeping up with any of it at all...it didn't interest me.  I had asked the children if they wanted to watch it...and Now Radio had briefly mentioned being able to go to the studios at 4am and watch it there with them....but then it wasn't mentioned again.

So when the children got back from Lloyds on Thursday night, I was soaking in the bath.  Susannah comes in and tells me - at 10pm - that she REALLY wants to get up in the middle of the night and watch the Royal Wedding with me!!  And that we MUST have British treats with us to eat while we watch!!

So, because this is such a rare occasion and I don't want her to have regrets, I get out of the bath, and we get dressed and take a mad rush drive in to town to Timmy's to see if they have any scones left!  They had ONE!!  One scone!!!  We bought it anyway!!  Hahaha!!

Then we decided to head to Walmart at SEC.  It stays open until midnight thankfully!!  By the time we got there, we had 15 minutes left to get what we needed.  We both went in different directions and filled a basket with necessary treats.  Scottish shortbread, various scones, orange juice for Bucks Fizz, Cadburys chocolate fingers, jam tarts, chocolate buttons......

We were home by 12:30 and went to bed and I set the alarm for 3:40am.  However, I couldn't wake Susannah up!!  So I gave up and went back to sleep and we ended up having all of our treats in the morning watching the Royal Wedding when they replayed it :)  Still just as much fun and we don't feel quite as wretched as most of my friends who stayed up all night to watch the real thing - and the real thing is soooo boring anyway lol as it has the endless commentary....

I thought the wedding was lovely...her dress was stunning....it all seemed really beautiful.  I'm just not that big on the Royal thang....since Diana died I kind of lost interest...
Related Posts with Thumbnails