Sep 23, 2011

Friday night ramblings..

I think I'm coming down with something....I started feeling achey and tired late this afternoon and so INCREDIBLY tired...I had a nap but even that didn't help.  We took Laurence to his party and at 8:30 and since then I've been curled up watching a movie and feeling yucky...

Hope I feel better tomorrow - busy day.

Today was nice.  Abigail and Sam spent much of the day working on their Minecraft project - which I don't mind because they work on it together and they work so well together which is good for them - team work - AND they are getting sooooo much from it!  Sam especially!  I spent a while reading up about Minecraft this week because I wanted to know all about this 'game' that they spend so much time with...and I think it's actually really good for them.  We've had a busy week and done a lot, so a morning spent working together and on the computer was quite good for them.

Next week will be another busy week as we seem to have a lot of appointments and classes again.  I specifically planned quiet weeks and the ONLY class we have EVERY week is French club, but somehow our weeks fill up so quickly - my evenings next week are filling up fast as well - and next weekend is full already too!  In fact October is full now too!!  I am not complaining because I feel so blessed and grateful to have this life.  I really do have such a full and varied life right now.

This afternoon we met our friends at the dog park for a walk.  Sandy has a new dog - they adopted 'Sam' at the beginning of the Summer, and today was the first time they had taken him to the dog park.  Sandy wasn't sure how Sam would react to being off leash and around so many other dogs and people, but he did great!!  It was funny having two Sam's and even though my Sam didn't seem to notice Sandy yelling at her dog, I kept thinking she was yelling at Sam...it was funny :)

Sandy's Son B is in school this year and so we haven't seen him for a while - it was nice to see him again - and I was sooo surprised at how much E had grown over the Summer too!  Kids really do seem to shoot up over the Summer months!

Susannah had the day off of school today, but made her own plans for the day.  She went out at lunch time with Cassie - they went shopping and then to a movie and she is sleeping over there tonight.  I am so pleased that she stays in touch with Cassie even though they are at different schools now.









Related Posts with Thumbnails