Sep 23, 2011

Oilers v Canucks....


So last night was a lot of fun :)  
I had supper with B at the Fireside Grill which is a restaurant opposite Rexall Place...nice food, fast, friendly service - I guess because they know everyone is going to the game...it's kind of a mix of foods as they had escargots, nice pasta dishes..as well as wings and burgers.

Luckily if you eat there you can leave your vehicle in their parking lot for the game :)  so I did that and then we headed over to Rexall for the game.  

The game was a good one - Ryan Smyth played again for the Oilers after his time away and it was good to see him back :)  Such a nice guy - I remember when he left and was crying.  I remember him doing so much for the Stollery and when he went to the old lady's 100th birthday party and let her touch his hair :)  

Sadly we lost 1-2 which I blame my date for...he is from Victoria and was supporting BOTH teams!!  Actually so was the guy sat the other side of me..so I was laughing because I was surrounded by traitors!!  

It was a great evening.  So glad I decided to go :)  B heads back to work on Sunday but we have plans for when he is back in town.  


Singing 'Oh Canada' :



Related Posts with Thumbnails