May 26, 2012

Adventures at the dog park!


Today we headed to the local off leash dog park for a ramble through the woods.  It was a gorgeous day and really warm after a while - but after a few days rain, the woods were soooo GREEN and smelled lovely and damp and musty - like woods SHOULD smell!  :)  

The trails have all been re-done in the last year, and they look really good now.  It was a lovely walk and sooo good to be out in the woods - Sam loves to find big sticks to use and Abigail loves to walk Rosie and see the other dogs.  She's decided she wants to be a Pug breeder when she is older and wants 1,000 pugs!!!!  We saw a Pug on our walk today too so she was thrilled!  I think they are ugly little dogs hahaha but Abigail adores them - and I must admit they suit her personality :)  

We followed the trails round and then took the one we thought lead back to the main dog park area - but instead it lead into the middle of NOWHERE but we had gone too far to turn back timewise - so we kept going and then found we were in the middle of a BOG and the trail was all flooded.  We started to walk around it through all the trees avoiding the wet areas but then found we had lost the path completely and our way!!  Sam and Abby managed to climb across this thin log at one point but my shoes were already wet and muddy and slippery and I didn't know what to do.  I gave up and took my shoes off and just walked through the flood water - all muddy and boggy and stinky!  OMG it was a disaster hahahaha!  Rosie waded through the deepest point and ended up all stinky and muddy too - and she was even drinking it :(  

We finally found our way back to the dog park and headed for the car - my shoes were squelching as I walked and then I got a mosquito bite on my leg too.  It was a very damp and stinky ride home!!  I washed off my shoes (which were new last weekend) and showered - and made the children wash their feet and legs too to get it all off!  

Thankfully the kids LOVED it and had a great time.  And up until the water disaster I had had a lovely hike too!  Next time we take rubber boots!!!  :)















Related Posts with Thumbnails