May 26, 2012

Almost perfect....

Today was an almost perfect day.  For me it was a wonderful day - but my mind was also on some friends who are going through some very difficult and sad times.  They remain in my thoughts xxx

My day started off very early as Susannah had to be at the school by 9am.  She volunteered to run the concession at the plant sale all day.  I came home and cleaned the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen, got the dishwashers running and swept up, and then relaxed out on the deck for a while.  It was such a gorgeous day!  




Rosie enjoyed the fact that I was home with her and outside - and she pottered about in the woods and in the back yard, reassured that I was out on the deck.  She would head down to the pond for a swim, to cool off every now and then :)  


I sat at the patio table and did some art journaling.  It was such a wonderful place to journal:



Lunch was a spinach wrap with cream cheese and veggies:


My crow family are back again this year and happily feed from the bird table:


I picked Susannah up from the plant sale just after 3pm.  She didn't want to go home as the weather was too good, so we headed to Whyte Ave for a stroll and to look for 
an Iphone cover for her (no luck):


We went to Coney Island Candy Store to see Zoltar.  Oh boy his fortunes are always sooooo accurate - it's amazing!  he knows us so well!! This guy was standing next to Zoltar:




 We then headed to Fuss Cupcakes for a drink and a cake each:






We did a lot more walking and window shopping on Whyte and then headed to Katies Crossing for a while.  We got home just before 8pm and then I cut the grass before relaxing in the sunshine again on the deck...


And enjoying a recipe from Pinterest - vodka soaked Gummibears :)  




Related Posts with Thumbnails