May 16, 2012

My Tuesday evening.....

When we got home this afternoon, I cut the grass, then went on to the trampoline with my water, and lay in the sunshine on there!  It was soooo comfortable.  Sam brought me a bunch of dandelions he had picked for me :)  Abby brought me a cup of tea and a snack.  It was sooooo relaxing!  

I put a picture of me on Instagram and the company that made our trampoline saw it and left a comment!!  Too funny!  




After Sam and Abby had left to go to their Dads for the evening, I got to work on the homework for my class that I hadn't done!  Linea had told me to do a mans face and a masculine page because all I ever do is girls faces!!  So this is what I did:


Then we got everything ready in the art room and tidied the kitchen etc ready for class.  Tonight was the last class in this series of art journaling (evenings).  I'm sad they have ended as it has been yet another lovely class!!  Tonight I let them do their own page theme/ topic.....and got out some new products to try.  They LOVED the dylusions and also used the stencils with modelling paste.  They used alcohol inks too and added these products to what they have learned so far about layering, gesso, washes, etc etc.  They also prepped some pages of both journals with gesso of different colours and also modpodge - so they have canvases ready to use at home!

I did this page about our upcoming trip we are planning:


And I used the alphabet stencil and modelling paste to create dimension:


The circles on the page represent the fact that it is a round trip we are doing - starting off in Drumheller...slowly working our way to Vancouver, and then coming home via Jasper.  

I'm pleased with the page.  I also wrote a page of writing on my Mothers Day page!  

It was a good class - lots of chat and laughter and music playing!!  Great fun!  

I LOVE teaching these classes.  I really hope I am able to continue!!

After class, we drove in to town to get Laurence from work....s it is National Chocolate Chip day, we had a McFlurry each and mine had choccy chips in it :)  Yum!

Home in time for Abby and Sam to come home.  Then we cleaned up the art room quickly and all headed upstairs to bed.  Sam and Abby were chatting and laughing with me for a while...can't even remember what about but it was nice....oh and I told Abby I have a surprise for them tomorrow night :)  

So that was my Tuesday - hope you all had a fabulous day!!  :)

x

Related Posts with Thumbnails