May 16, 2012

Our Wednesday.....

Coffee this morning - MUCH needed!!!


Chatting on the bed with Sam and he was explaining why he loves the BIG t-shirt to sleep in and how he can curl right up inside it!!!  :


Abby and I watched the week two videos from the online class we are taking.  Abigail then used what she learned to write her name and create mosaics inside:


Our facilitator came today to see how our year had gone.  The meeting went REALLY well and she was thrilled that we had such a great year!  She was extremely reassuring about a few things I discussed with her and I was really pleased to have the chance to talk with her.  She was thrilled with Sam and Abby's progress, and sat and looked through all their gemstones and discussed Minecraft etc with them.  

After our visit with the facilitator, we spent the afternoon out on the deck at the table - it was lovely and hot and Abby and I did some art while Sam played and collected sticks - which he WAS going to paint, but I think he got distracted down in the long grass with Rosie.


For lunch I made amazing Veggy Wraps (spinach wraps stuffed with cream cheese, cucumber, peppers and tomatoes).  They are sooooo good:


This was Sams artwork in his journal today - it is a 'surreal' face:


It was a hot day and so Abigail fed Rosie a freezy to cool her down:


Sam is OBSESSED with climbing trees at the moment, and I can't always say no - so sometimes I let him get on with it - so long as I am around to make sure he is ok.  He is sooooo fast and can go so high!    I love that he is able to be such a REAL boy and do things like climbing trees and playing in the woods and shooting his bow and arrow in our yard.  He loves living here sooooo MUCH.  He and Rosie are inseparable when the weather is good and they just want to be outside:


Tonight was the first farmers market of the year and we had sooooo been looking forward to it!!  Sadly by the time it ws on, the weather had changed completely.  It was cold, grey and very windy - and threatening rain.  We had a quick walk through the market instead of getting supper there.  Laurence and Sam bought Kettlecorn, and Sam bought a punch balloon.  I bought 3 huge cucumbers for $4.00  so we can continue to make the veggy wraps :)  



It was far too cold for us to enjoy the lemonade we traditionally have each week at the market.  I don't think they did very well today:



It started to rain just as we got back to the car:


I am still loving that it is so green everywhere now:


Related Posts with Thumbnails