May 16, 2012

Track and Field day!!!

Today was Susannah's Track and field day (sports day) with her school.  We go every year and always really enjoy it!!  The weather is almost always gorgeous!  Today was PERFECT - warm and a little breezy, but just gorgeous - in fact I ended up rather sunburnt :(  

Susannah won the high jump, shotput, 400 metres and high jump.  She came third in the 1500 metres and I'm sure she got ribbons for other things too but I just can't remember them all - she certainly doesn't get her sporting ability from me!  I am so very proud of her and how much practice and dedication she puts in to this!  She has been running almost daily at home and training for today!  She deserved every ribbon she got!

Last night we packed our picnic ready and made vegetable wraps, crispy bread rolls with cheese and cucumber, and packed drinks and other treats ready to go!  It was fabulous!  There were very few parents there to watch - 5 or 6 maybe....which was a shame as it always used to be popular!  

I feel so grateful to have been able to go today.  I know things may well change and I may have to go out to work, but for now I am grateful that I can be there to cheer on my Daughter and her friends - I know how important it is to her!








Sam got chatting to some of Susies classmates - and the topic was Minecraft - Sams obsession hahaha so we left them to it and went back to the bleachers - they came back over about half an hour later....but it was nice that Sam was teaching them a few things too and they are always so good with Sam :)



I finally got to meet the famous Mr Romanowski!!  He came over to chat to the girls so I introduced myself and shook his hand and of course Susannah started giggling after he left and saying she had never seen him act that way before hahahaha!  Too funny.  He IS very cute....but very young lol.  I know she thinks he'd be the PERFECT person for me to date lol...I think she only wants that so he can play guitar with HER all the time :)  

I also saw Keenans Dad Mitch, the Dad of a friend of Chris's from Jr High.  It was good to see him and we had a long chat.  His wife came over at the end and it was good to see her too.  It sounds like Keenan is doing well and it was nice to catch up!  

The only down side to today is that I burnt badly in the sun and wind.  My face is red and so are my arms!!  yikes!  I didn't even think :(  Sigh.....





Related Posts with Thumbnails