Jun 15, 2012

Inner Excavation

I am currently taking part in a 7 week online class called 'Inner Excavate-along' 
It is a guided tour through the book 'Inner Excavation' by Liz Lamoreux 

I have a signed copy I bought when it was first published - it's such a beautiful book! I have never worked through it properly though - just enjoyed reading it, so this is a wonderful excuse - and great motivation, to finally do the exercises in the book!  



This week we are working through Chapter 1 with the theme of 'begin'.  Each page has a new way to be creative on the subject.  Taking photographs of your day. word lists to inspire writing, poetry, mixed media etc etc.



We had to take a book (any book) and turn to a page and then loo for words that 'grab us' and put them into a list to turn to when writing poetry - an inspiration list.  I used one of my Sark books:


I used to love to write poetry, but haven't done so for YEARS - so I am enjoying this aspect of the class.  This is a free class and you don't HAVE to have the book but it helps.
Come and join us!  Many of us are on Instagram and are tagging our pictures #innerexcavatealong 

Related Posts with Thumbnails