Jun 17, 2012

What a day :) Loving Summer!!!!


Today, after a morning of relaxing at home, we headed out to buy a new fire bowl.  I wanted to get something that we.  
 can use safely and regularly at this place - big enough for all of us, BUT small enough that we can take it if and when we move house!  

We found the perfect one!  

Then we headed to Whyte Ave, for our regular Saturday stroll.  We stopped off in Chapters to get some new books.  Then went to Fuss Cupcakes because their coffee is the most delicious coffee I have ever had!  :)  

Then after that we headed home, via Stupidstore for campfire goodies, and Home Depot for campfire tools.




Abby Banana ate all my froth from the top of my latte.  It reminded me of when she was a baby and Lloyd and I would sit in the Starbucks at the mall in Edinburgh and feed her the froth from his drink - even at 5 months she was happily lapping it up lol!  We used to think it was funny :)  


My cupcake choice today was a lemon cupcake:


Abigail chose Red Velvet:


Sam chose the Tiramisu cupcake:


When we got home the kids decided they wanted to put the fire together....unfortunately they didn't follow the instructions, lol so I re-did it with Susannah while Abby and Sam collected sticks :)  


It is a fabulous fire bowl and we had an amazing evening sat out by it:




I am loving my new book.  It is based in Edmonton and the main character works in a travel agents on Whyte Ave. It is so nice to read about familiar places and hear the characters complaining about the weather in September etc :)  



Susannah played guitar and sang to us.  It was lovely - with the sun setting behind her:


This little guy really loved being outside until after dark - figuring out how to get the fire to go big or small and throwing bits in:



Abby playing a game while Susie was on the guitar:



Of course we had glow sticks to play with:


We set the swing ball up as well:


We came in after midnight and packed everything away - tidied up a little, and now the house is silent and everyone is fast asleep already!  A truly wonderful day yet again. I feel truly blessed for my life :)
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails