Jun 29, 2006

Blackberry picking :)

Lloyd is at the homeschool boards end of year award ceremony. Chris is being given an award of some kind...he gets honours all the time so maybe its for that....... or who knows what award they have come up with....last year Chris got a special award when he graduated grade 6. It was voted for by staff and students for being an all-round great person...helpful, clever, friendly........I was very proud :) to me that award meant so much more than an award for honours because I know how easy studying comes to him......

That doesn't mean I'm not proud of him for his results...just that the fact that he is growing into such a good, kind, respectable and responsible human being is so much more important than test results.

Anyway Lloyd keeps emailing from his blackberry...some little girls are playing violins atm and he wants Abby to learn ha!!!! I told him she can practice in his office ;)

He also needs the bathroom so I keep emailing him water sounds....I also told him to stand up and swear and pretend he has tourettes...that would liven the place up ;)

Chris wrote a fab book report today....another book about the second world war...his interest atm.

I started feeling worse and worse this afternoon so popped some tylenol and soaked in a cool bath for a while......I read the entire Live Free Learn Free magazine from cover to cover - wow what an issue!!! EVERY article just spoke to me......if you homeschool or unschool or have the slightest interest in your childs education then subscribe to this magazine - or just order the July/Aug issue because it's worth every penny!!! www.livefreelearnfree.com

I read an article about 'exploring the slow lane' to Sam.....he loves to be read to...he doesn't mind whether its a childrens book or one of my magazines, he will happily sit and run his finger along the page and look around the room as I read to him.....

Laurie got invited to a sleepover tonight but I said no.....Lloyd came home and then drove back into the city for the ceremony and I don't feel up to driving tonight...but he can invite the boys over another night....I'm sure they'll be here a lot through the summer and he will be there too.....

Great Lloyd just called to say they are on their way home...with dinner :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails