Jun 29, 2006

One more day

One more day until Lloyd has a week off...he is sooo looking forward to it....he enjoys his job but prefers to be at home...which I take as a HUGE compliment because I know so many men who are workaholics and would rather be at work....

I'm still not sure what we are doing today...we have a few choices.......some friends invited us over, there is a homeschool 'park day' in town all afternoon......the kids wuld like to go to the library and sign on for the summer reading game that they take part in every year...and CHris has his award ceremony this evening....

But we are all tired from being out every day this week and we all seem happy to stay home and relax....the girls have their dollhouse downstairs and are playing with their dolls......Laurie is watching the world cup and flicking between other shows too....asking questions about why Martha went to jail and why people trust her again.......so no idea what he's watching!!! Chris is relaxing as he has taken allergy meds and is drowsy and not feeling great...I was in the sun too long yesterday and burnt my back.....so am not feeling my usual fab self (lol) so I am happy to take it easy.....

My Homeschooling Horizons magazine is very good this month.....a lot of articles on nature study and nature journaling.....I've been reading up on Charlotte Mason and do like the idea of keeping nature journals for the childre.....although I guess they have been doing this themselves anyway as the girls take notebooks with them on their adventures and come back with drawings and notes on the plants and animals they have seen......here is a link about nature journaling Charlotte Masons way.....


http://homeschooling.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=homeschooling&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.home-school.com%2FArticles%2FNatureNotebook.html

I think I will find some nice plain paper notebooks this weekend and we can go out sketching and investigating next week.......Chris has been doing some nice sketches of our house too and maybe I will see if the others would like to join me in walking around our land and sketching what we see.......

Every week in the local paper they print an article callede 'You be the judge'. Chris loves to read this and discuss it. So this morning we were discussing the recent one. A lady was getting married but her fiance was always sick...she asked if he had AIDS and his family said no......three years later she is diagnosed with AIDS and so she sued the family because they lied about his illness.....she won a fortune that no doubt helped her pay for treatments and to be comfortable through her last days......

Chris wants to study civil laws next year......he is interested in law but says he doesn't want a career in it.....he sometimes considers politics though as a future career.......but mainly says he wants to work in the film industry....

Laurence wants to make some banana pops....stick a chopstick in a banana, roll in syrup and sprinkles and freeze.......I guess he can do that......ok so I'm off to get him the things he needs....

and still no idea what we will do today but this is how unschooling is.....no plans...but learning takes place.....lots of it.......and as a Mom its amazing to watch my children learning in this way the things THEY want to learn and are interested in.
Related Posts with Thumbnails