Jul 30, 2006

A lovely weekend....

So we have had a really lovely weekend. It has been so much cooler which always makes me happier...in fact we have the heating on this afternoon!!!! It's 15c and raining outside and my nose was cold when I was outside earlier.....I LOVE it!!!! It feels like Fall.....so whats the best thing to do when it feels like Fall......make Lloyds famous beef stew.........so we have been chopping vegetables, browning beef, and prepping the stew.....my home smells all homely and cozy and like Fall :)

Yesterday Lloyd and I had a day much to ourselves......we went out for brunch and then ran to the pet store for some gifts for Amber and ran to sobeys for the ingredients for LLoyds stew.......at home we pottered around outside for much of the day. We are getting two eggs a day now........Sam goes in with Lloyd regularly and will happily get the eggs from under the chickens :) when you pick them up they are all warm :) Lloyd built a new roost for them from an old tree he cut down...they love it. Chickens are such funny little creatures...very sweet really - they have such funny ways!

Lloyd lit a fire to burn some more shingles and old boxes. We moved some haybales by my old gate so I can use it as a place to take photographs......

In the early evening we headed downtown to A Taste of Edmonton but we were home by 7:30 and spent the evening relaxing.........I soaked in the bath for a while reading more of Nights in Rodanthe (which I am really disappointed with...it feels as though Sparks didn't put his heart into this book at all...like it was a rush job or 'fill in' and only made the best sellers list by his following of readers.......)

On Friday night Lloyd and I sat and watched Chaplin until late....I hadn't seen it since it first came out......VERY good movie.....fascinating story...I wonder what Chaplins 10 children are doing now....and I wonder what the 'daughter' that he ended up paying for thinks about Charlie Chaplin now........

I bought some Ice Magic or whatever it's called here...the chocolate sauce that goes hard on ice cream....the kids love it! Reminds me of Bejam frozen food store when I was little......

This morning I got all the cards and envelopes ready to go for the August birthdays I have to remember. The children made cards for relatives and had a big craft session with rubber stamping and scrapbook papers etc......

The gorgeous gorgeous cape cod house that is just around the corner is up for sale.....we called for details wondering if it would be better to buy that rather than renovate this place.....their land backs on to ours and they have 40 acres so a lot more than us...and two ponds too. 4000sq ft, 4 garages, large workshop.....

But I don't like the sound of the house layout much.........the master bedroom is on the main floor which I wouldn't like at all...and the driveway is such a steep slope........it really is beautiful though..........they've had ten people phone up already even though they aren't advertising apart from a little sign outside......it's $750,000 which is $100,000 less than I expected it to be!

We may go and look at it...who knows.......the size of the land might win me over...and the beauty of the outside of the house......its what this house will look like once its renovated........but at least the inside here will be what we want it to be rather than their choice of layout which is open plan. I really don't like open plan........I love that our house has small rooms and doorways.....I think that house is a bargain though.....I hope someone nice with kids my kids ages buys it!!!!

Sam is getting very chatty these days.....he can say:

ball
go
Daddy
mama
more
puddle
chicken
cloud
gone

and a few other words.......

I emailed some scrap metal companies yesterday with pictures of the barn roof asking if they are interested in it all....Lloyds friend S says it may be worth something.......that would be nice.

When we were out for brunch yesterday Lloyd and I were discussing our big surprise trip :) It's getting very exciting now its so close!!! And before that we have our other trip to Douglas Fir to look forward to :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails