Jul 30, 2006

A Taste of Edmonton









Last night (finally) I got to go to A Taste of Edmonton...one of Edmontons summer festivals......it was the last night there and it was very busy. For those not 'in the know', A Taste Of Edmonton is basically a festival where 35 or so restaurants from around Edmonton each have a stand in Churchill Square....they each have two items on their 'menu'. You buy tickets at 75c each and then walk around all the stands and try the different items.....some are 3 tickets, some 4 and some 5.......

Its basically a way to sample foods from the different restaurants in the city...and for a foodie like me it is WONDERFUL!!!

I have never been before but alwqays wanted to......

Lloyd and I sampled quite a few dishes.......

Teryaki chicken and rice
Butter chicken and rice
Tandoori chicken and vegetable Biryani
rice pudding
Swiss crepes with Alpine berries
Baileys Mocha pie
Sticky chocolate pudding with sauce
green onion cakes
Mediterranean panini
Tiramisu

The Panini was from Roots Organic restaurant and was just DELICIOUS!!!!

The green onion cakes which I had with sour cream were my favourite dish! The line for those was the longest too but worth the wait :)

I even managed to eat everything without spilling anything or dropping it all down my front...major achievement for me :)

I can't wait for next year when I think we will go twice...once with the kids and then once just Lloyd and I again.........

Oh and Christie very much underestimated my appetite...she said 15 tickets would be enough for me to be full..........Nope!!! Lloyd and I shared 41 tickets :) and I could easily have had more......everything sounded so good!
Related Posts with Thumbnails