Jul 20, 2006

Passion

I have been thinking about this subject a lot lately.......what are you passionate about? I keep meeting people who have a very strong passion for someting...... a huge interest/ hobby/ subject that they are wholeheartedly passionate about.......I don't think I have ever felt that way about anything.....and I wonder why.....is it just that I have yet to find my niche? I haven't stumbled across the one thing that will consume me for years to come?

I 'do' a lot.....I have 'tried' even more.......but haven't found anything I can be passionate about for longer than a few months...I get bored too easily......I just lose interest......

Scrapbooking, card making, yoga, candlemaking, writing, watercolour, hiking, running, tennis, ice skating, gardening, cross stitch, journaling, book groups, forum moderating, blogging,altered book/ tin making, going to the gym, photography, swimming, bird watching, musical instruments, weightwatchers, moms groups, religion (all and every including wicca)..........pottery, netball, aquasize, Egyptology, astrology, astronomy, voluntary work,

these are just a few of the things I have had passing interests in over the last few years.......but nothing I have been PASSIONATE about........enjoyed yes, had fun with yes, but passion? No.

I wish I could find something that I could be passionate about, get excited over......I love my photography but I'm not passionate about it.

My home, yes........I LOVE it here....but it's not quite what I mean........

I see that through unschooling my children are more able to find their passions in life and this pleases me......they are free from peer pressure and rigidity and routine to find their interests and spend as much time as they choose following them...to the depth of their choice.........

I have that time too.......I'm just not sure which direction to follow.......

So what are you PASSIONATE about?
Related Posts with Thumbnails