Jan 14, 2007

Coker.........

Ok how sad is this? A VERY large Coker is being moved from Edmonton to Fort MacMurray this week....it is HUGE - so big they have to remove all road signs and traffic signals etc above the road, it can only be moved at night.....it will take it 6 - 8 days to do a 6 hour trip...it took one whole night to get it from 75th St to the city limits of Edmonton.......thats like a 10 minute drive normally! It can only go at 20km an hour.....

I LOVE things like this :) Well (as I had hoped) Lloyd phoned earlier to say it is parked at the rest-stop place for large vehicles which is just a 5 minute drive from us......so after he gets home we are going to drive over and take some pictures :)

I HAVE to see it.....I have seen a lot of large cokers since living here....and other large things being moved - we live close to the main highway along which these things are taken (because its such a quiet highway)...I've seen houses being moved and large parts of oil rigs......but this has me VERY excited :)

So check back later and I will post the piccies......it moves on tonight on the next part of its journey north :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails