Mar 22, 2007

Date night...

Last night was date night....we had to run to the Disney store so we headed to WEM and had dinner in The Old Spaghetti Factory......they sat us in a corner booth which was really cosy....the menu's and the table mats have old black and white photographs and information about Edmonton....and it said that much of the stained glass in the restaurant came from old churches and buildings in Edmonton many years ago......I thought that was wonderful......we were sat below an old stained glass window that was dedicated to a man who ahd died...by his wife! How wonderful!

Last time we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory, was in Banff last Fall......we liked it then too! They bring you a wooden plank with a big loaf of crusty bread on it and two types of butter.......then you get a salad and then the main course...I had the lasagna and a side of mushrooms (VERY good!!)

After dinner we strolled around the stores...Lloyd was sad because Tommy was closed and he had wanted some shirts for work....so we went to the toy store instead lol..I bought a geode for Laurie...its like a round stone and he gets to hit it with a hammer and inside will be like a little crystal cave......Jeannette Walls from The Glass Castle used to collect them as a child!

We had no luck finding a Jasmine costume - or any Disney Princess costume so we headed to Toys R Us instead and they were refurbishing the store so we then headed to Toys R Us on Calgary TRail and they didn't have anything either.....we bought a 6+ Rapunzel dress but when we got home it didn't fit Susie so I guess Abby can dress up in that!

West Edmonton Mall is the worlds largest mall (at the moment at least) and they are about to start filming a movie there - so ALL the CHristmas decorations are still up in the mall including Santas grotto.......So here we are in March.....and we are walking around a really Christmasy mall and it felt so strange but kind of nice :) I suggested Lloyd buy me a Christmas gift but he didn't seem keen lol! Sigh!!!

We did look at running shoes though! BUT I didn't have any socks on so I didn't bother trying any on......as soon as our driveway is cleared of ice and snow I will get kitted out again to run....I really enjoyed it last year.

When we got home I posted a cry for help on linkingparents.com and it has been so long since I have been there that I flicked through the forums and caught up on some of the gossip.....a lot of the people there never change.......still very opinionated and rude.....but there are people there I like to chat with too...

Well I should go and check on the laundry.
Related Posts with Thumbnails