Mar 22, 2007

I like our fish.

Yesterday I cleaned Goldie's tank out......we do it about once a week.....when he/ she goes back in she always seems so grateful and happy to have oxygen again lol! she can finally sit on the bottom of the tank and breathe without having to go up for air! In don't know if it's because we have well water or not, but the oxygen levels in the water don't last very long.....

Anyway I was thinking how much I really like Goldie...she is the most sociable fish I have ever had...if you walk over to the tank she comes over to meet you and she practically eats the food right from your hand.....she comes right up to your fingers as you sprinkle it in.....she just seems to love attention and love :)

So she may have been Abigails fish originally but I have adopted her as my own.....I hope she lives a year or two......I had a goldfish when I was a teen called Vimto.....he lived almost 4 years!!! Then my ex had this hideously ugly black fish with big bulging eyes and that lived about a year...I did NOT like that fish.....

Last year we put 100 fish in our pond to try and reduce the number of mosquitoes.....I loved watching them but then the pond got covered in duckweed and we couldn't see the fish any more.......this year I'd like to find a way to get rid of the duck weed...but I don't want a fountain.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails