Mar 30, 2007

Happy - kind of.....

My Nephew called today and asked if he could come and visit...he lives in England and he's 20....and I haven't seen him for about 7 years...I don't think I saw him the summer we left England......

Anyway.....I am really excited to see him and can't wait to show him our part of Canada....but he's coming for quite sad reasons.....last week his friend was killed in a car accident...and this week he lost his job due to cutbacks......(he was in graphic design) and for other personal reasons he just wants a break from everything and a change of scene....

He's going to come over as soon as he can get a flight....and will stay a few weeks to get a 'feel' for the country and see if he likes it...he has to go back to the UK for the summer but if he likes it here he may return in the Fall permanently!!

So I suggested websites to look at for things like colleges etc etc.......and he also plays guitar - has done for 7 years and wants to look for a place he can go and play - I thought of Whyte Ave or perhaps Christie could suggest some places......

My Mum thinks he should 'live a little' and see the world for a while! I think thats a great idea.......

Anyway - I'm excited to see him again.......and can't wait to show him around! Although I wish he was coming over under better...happier....circumstances!
Related Posts with Thumbnails