Mar 12, 2007

Monday..........

A new week again....isn't the year going fast?

I am sat here munching a banana for breakfast......I'm not very hungry but I should eat...otherwise Lloyd will tell me off :)

Susannah is home from school today...she feels dizzy and achey and has had a bad sore throat and stuffy nose since yesterday and is generally feeling horrid.....she is flaked on the sofa......

Lloyd went into work late today.....he stayed and had coffee with me and saw the others off to school......he has his big interview today for his new contract.....basically the government have to re-interview for contract positions at the end of each contract......they can't just renew the contract no matter who it is or how good they are......so they interview several individuals again and then offer the contract to someone....

In my opinion its a total waste of time and money but its policy.....so yes they could decide to offer the contract to someone else but why would they? Lloyd has been doing the job well for 2 or 3 years now and is well respected.....he knows the job......is well known in his field.....and has several resources from his company working for the same project....

Good luck baby!

Lloyds company (Testing Automation Inc) provides resources to companies looking for QA Management and Test Solutions....right now they are testing various Provincial health systems likes the EHR and PIN and various continuing care projects......and they are also just starting to work for another company who provides software for continuing care centres in Canada......

The thing with contract work is that you never know how long it will last........Lloyds contracts vary between 6 months and a year.....and we have been very lucky that they have all been in Edmonton in recent years...but of course in the future he could end up working anywhere - he was in Holland for a while and one company headhunting him wants him to work from home but then travel for work one week a month......neither of us want him to have to work away......but you go where the contracts are.....

So yes, I am hoping that we are right and he will be renewed for another year where he is...he loves his job atm which is always a good thing....

I have an optometry appointment tonight......I'm having issues with my peripheral vision....and my migraines are so out of control right now that everything is being checked......maybe glasses are needed and that will solve things...I stopped my meds last week as they were not helping at all....so we have to find some others to try....when Lloyd had his appointment last year I went with him and had so much fun trying on all the glasses...I found a pair I LOVED so I know which ones I want if I need glasses :)

Abby wants to do a craft.....I think I'll have a look on Enchanted Learning for an idea for St Patricks Day crafts......maybe something she can take to her Paddy's Day party on Thursday......I bought a big tub of gold chocolate coins for her to take to the party....they are making 'pots' for the pot of gold and are going on a treasure hunt to find the rainbows where the treasure is hidden......they are all having green food too....I am hoping to stay and help as it sounds like fun!

I have signed up to take part in Scrappershaven's Iron Chef II contest......it starts today I think......we find out the ingredient and have to come up with a menu which includes 3 things.....I don't stand a chance of winning because OMG there is so much talent there.....when I signed up there were about 10 people entering but since then so many others have joined and they are all so good! But I am excited about having a go and seeing how creative I can be!

Everything I look at at the moment makes me think of altering it in some way....last night while Sam was in the bath I was looking at the tub of bath salts Christie gave me and I was thinking that the jar is PERFECT for altering.....its such a great shape!

Well the girls are watching a movie.....Sam is fetching diaper and wipes as he needs changing but for some reason he is bringing me one wipe at a time!!!!

I have done two loads of laundry, vacuumed the main floor, cleaned up the kitchen and washed the breakfast things (yes we have a dishwasher but I like washing dishes too) tidied my bedroom and sorted some clean laundry.....I want to wash the floors in a minute and also want to clean the bathrooms at some point today.......I don't really do chores at the weekend so Monday is catchup day!

Oh I also cleaned the mudroom this morning and vacuumed it out.....and the dog crates...I think they are starting to blow coat now the weather is warming up......

Have a great day everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails