Mar 28, 2007

Optometry and bling.......

The ingredients for round 2 of The Iron Chef contest are 'monograms and BLING!!!' so that should be fun...and I went into town and bought some blingin' BLING to use on my layout :)

I had my optometry appointment tonight....I haven't had my eyes checked since 1992........and boy have things changed!!! Firstly they took me into a room where I had to sit in front of 4 machines and have air blown into my eyes...bright flashes going off in my eyes...had to follow lights and other weird things......then I had to wait for the real optometrist.....he was nice...he looked just like Ben STiller...I felt like I was being examined by Zoolander!!!!! Too funny....he was cute though and told me I should call him Sonny (lol) and then he laughed when I said I had 5 children! SIGH..........

Do you remember when I had my ECG at the hospital and was told I have an abnormal heart rhythm????? Well guess what! I hae abnormal eyes too lol! Firstly my left eye is shortsighted....my right eye is better but has a stigma (????) I only just need glasses but he thinks they will help with reading/ driving/ watching tv etc........

But the picture of my retinas concerned him....the part that connects my eye to the brain is 'abnormal'.......and whenever he sees that he has to do extra tests.....he asked about glaucoma which panicked me but then he didn't mention it again so I assume it isn't that.....anyway he toldf me to come back in a month for an extra test that I forget the name of...(was it field depth vision or something or other???) and the funny thing is that he told me to make an appointment for when he isn't there!!!! Should I take that personally??? Actually its so I don't have to pay...if I go back and see him I have to pay extra but if I see someone else it's free!!!

So I was given a prescription for glasses and went next door but was so hungry that I wasn't in the mood to focus on choosing glasses....I have hypoglycaemia and if I miss a meal I get the shakes...can't concentrate, get irritable very quickly and put myself at risk of migraines...so yes we left the store and went to get something to eat.....

So I have to go back and choose some glasses!!

I get home and Chris and I sit and work on his resume.......he wants a summer job - preferably at the local golf course.......now Lloyd is making tea and we are going to bed.....we are turning into a sad old couple who like to go to bed early with our cups of tea :) maybe Mom is right - I AM middle aged lol!
Related Posts with Thumbnails