Apr 16, 2007

MOVIE NIGHT...

On Friday our local community League held the first family movie night...they were recently given funding for a top of th eline projector tv thingy (yep so techy am I!!!) and a big sound system for the hall.....so on Friday everyone was invited for free (donation to food bank) to come and watch Happy Feet....we all took blankets, chairs, cushions to curl up in and they had snacks for sale - popcorn, pop, candy, coffee etc etc....

It was SUCH a great evening! Susannah went to friends for supper after school and met us at the hall...Laurence came with me and we all sat together on the floor with our popcorn and drinks and snuggled in our throws.......

The movie was ok - not one I would bother buying but I'm glad I've seen it...... but the atmosphere in the hall was wonderful - they stopped the movie halfway through and had a draw for door prizes and bathroom breaks and then it continued......we were home about 9:30pm....such a great evening - taking all the kids to the movies can be so expensive with snacks and tickets but this was free and snacks were $1 each.......and best of all it was in our local hall so no long drive into town and the chidlrens friends were there :)

A great, great evening and a great turnout so they plan to do this every month :)

I love living here - if the winters were not so long I'd be happy to stay forever....its such a great little village and so much like the village I grew up in :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails