Apr 16, 2007

New week and new drugs....

I managed to get a doctors appointment this morning and told him I had HAD ENOUGH!!!!! I want to go back on to preventatives for migraines......I am so tired of losing days of my life because of migraines ...since January they have become worse and worse and last week I took 5 Imitrex - when I am not allowed to take more than one a week and no more ideally than 2 a month (they effect the heart and blood vessels and can cause stroke etc)

I used my last half of Imitrex on Saturday so I was so worried I would get another migraine and have nothing to take.....and I am fed up with taking Imitrex...soooooo I asked to go back on preventatives......this means taking a tablet every day to hopefully prevent migraines or at least have them less often (success is when migraines are cut by 50%. I used to be on beta blockers but they made me tired and made me gain weight.....but now - I don't care if I end up the size of a house so long as I am not having migraines all the time.....I am tired of not being able to do ANYTHING out of my normal routine without getting a migraine.....

So the doctor has put me on 2 new drugs that I have to take daily :( I'm not happy about this but its better than migraines......(and yes I have tried many any things over the years - diet changes, massage, chiro, homeopathic remedies and on and on......and nothing has worked for long.......

So I have to take amitriptyline at night as its a sedative...actually its also an antidepressant given to anoriexics to increase their appetite.......just lovely :(

Then I have to take Neurontin three times a day which is an epilepsy drug and helps with nerve pain and nerve endings and things like that......

Both sedate.......so if I don't blog much in the next few days you know its because I am sleeping lots....and if I blog a LOT you know its because I can't drive or do anything else because of the tablets I am getting used to!

My appt was at 11am.....I finally went in just before 12pm.....and an hour in the waiting room with two preschoolers who werre bored was NOT fun :(

After that and after we had got all the tablets at the pharmacy (thank goodness the waitress at breakfast last week gave me extra lollipops for the children - I had them in my purse and it kept them quiet in the pharmacy!!!) we then went to Sobeys where I ran into a lady I used to go to a Moms group with and we chatted for a while.....I spoiled th ekids with far too much junk just because I was in that kind of mood - and I treated myself to some sun dried tomato and basil turkey which is divine!!!!!! I had that in a crunchy bread roll for lunch......

Now I am home and the plan was to go outside for the afternoon, but to be honest this morning has worn me out....I was hoping to get a Docs appt for Wednesday morning but this mornings was the only one available all week. So I am going to wash some dishes...throw some laundry in the machine and then relax........tomorrow I have to volunteer at preschool all morning.....in the afternoon I might go over to Jennifers for coffee for a while - busy day...and then on Wednesday Daniel arrives and I have to go to the airport to meet him in the afternoon.....

I have pictures and things to blog about later but I'm not in the mood to sit at the computer right now....

later!
Related Posts with Thumbnails