Jun 15, 2007

Danica :)

Feel free to ask away :)

My older three children are from my first marriage....and Abigail and Sam are from my second marriage..if you meet them you can tell because the older three are dark skinned and look quite different from the younger two who are very blonde.....but a lot of people say things like 'Laurie has curls just like Lloyd' or they tell Chris he looks like his Dad (ie Lloyd)

They all call Lloyd Dad though (their choice) and Lloyd tells everyone he has 5 kids.....so everyone at work thinks they are all his....

I think the younger two do a lot more with us because they are so much younger and the older ones are kind of out of the stage where they want to be with us all the time.....but Lloyd does things with them all individually too......like he will take one of the boys to the Grand Prix or to the movies or something.....he will go shopping with Chris etc...

My older three were sooooo easy as toddlers and have never been any trouble at all really.....but Abby and Sam have both been 'hard work' and of course I get to say 'I blame the Father' ;) when probably they are just more like me lol!

I think we do pretty well for a blended family.......most people don't seem to realise and it doesn't 'feel' like a blended family....but I think it helps that their real Father doesn't bother to have contact with them......I think that COULD have caused problems in itself but I think Lloyd is just such a great Dad that we just feel like a complete family....

Feel free to ask anything :) I can't think of anything you could ask that would offend me :)

Ooh you've given me an idea for a post!
Related Posts with Thumbnails