Feb 12, 2008

In the news today...

We are under a heavy snowfall warning...the snow should start falling shortly, and is supposed to continue until tomorrow morning. 10cm of snow...which doesn't seem that much to me but is considered 'heavy snowfall'.

They say the roads may be bad for the drive home tonight. Lloyd has to drive in to town to watch Chris's basketball semi finals. Roads in the morning will be much worse though. Lloyd may take my truck instead of his car - his car is 4 X 4 but I still prefer him to take the truck in bad weather.

It makes me think that the worry over the occasional - once or twice a year hurricane in Florida is less of a concern than the five months or so of bad driving weather here.....

This morning on the news they were also saying that Fort McMurray (Fort McMoney as they call it here although I don't see the salaries being THAT big there - certainly not worth living apart for imo) has three times the national average of drugs crimes/offences!!!!!!

Most news stories at the moment seem to follow the provincial election.....I think I am the only person in Alberta who thinks Stelmach is doing a pretty good job. I think people have unrealistic expectations of how fast changes can be made in certain areas. I also think people don't realise that many decisions are not as simple as they seem to the majority.

I do NOT like Mason - I don't even like the way he looks - he looks nasty. But I do quite like Taft.

Purely selfishly though, as a business owner and a home owner, we seem to be doing very well under the conservatives....and I'm not sure how that would change under the liberals.....

I like the conservatives running Alberta but the Liberals running Canada...that seemed to work well. I can't stand the Conservatives running the country!
Related Posts with Thumbnails