Feb 12, 2008

My day...

Hmmmm its 3:20pm. Susie and Laurence will be home very soon. Chris has a basketball match that Lloyd is going to watch in town. It hasn't started to snow yet but I still keep getting the warnings emailed to me.

I have had work to do on the computer today - I like this because it makes me feel like I am doing my part for the business. Basically I have to trail through various websites and download all the information for upcoming projects that require IT resources...I have to download all the relevant application downloads and info and sort that...and will have to prep the responses from our business.

I feel almost business-like discussing my rfp's and the apc and various documents....I have to get organized though and have all the resumes ready to be matched to rfp's and ready to go on time.

I am so easily distracted though and find myself at LP again and again.....its a good job my boss can't fire me!!!

Sam has been cranky today...and sleepy so I hope he isn't ill. He tipped talcum powder all over my bedroom and for some reason we can't vacuum it up without getting nasty static shocks! Lloyd is going to check the humidifier later but maybe its something in the powder?????

Abigail has been busy - aside from our bones study, she has done a ton of work in her reading workbook - today we focussed on 'alphabetical order' and I wasn't sure she would grasp it easily, but she flew through it with no problems. Of course she is only alphabetising the first letter and hasn't had to deal with figuring it out from the second letter!

She did a few pages of math too.....

I cut out a paper doll for Abby - red riding hood - from my Mary Engelbreit magazine and she loved that so we then went surfing for more paper dolls that she could cut out herself.

All in all we haven't done a lot today but the day has passed by fairly quickly...

Laurie and Susie are home now and Laurie is making me a cup of coffee :)

I am defrosting some ready made pastry and plan to make some mince pies later and some brandy butter! It isn't Christmas BUT I made some lovely ones at Christmas and for some reason one of the children thought I had said to give them all to Charlie!!!! So they all got thrown away! I was so sad - so I bought a jar of sweet mincemeat and plan to make some more :)

Tonight I have to wrap birthday gifts because tomorrow Abigail is SIX!!!! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails