Apr 16, 2008

A reason.......

I am reminded this week of the poem: Reason, Season, Lifetime.

You can read the entire poem here:

www.steeldog.com/reasonseasonlifetime.htm

I've always loved this poem. Many friends have passed my way through the years...some have stayed, some have died....some have passed by quickly. I do agree that all have been for a reason. Even those friendships that don't end on a high note. Recently a few people I have met have made me think quite deeply.

Here is the part of the poem I have been thinking of this week. I think when you think about it, these people who pass through our lives for a short time can often be those who affect us the most and can change a part of us forever. I know my amazing friend Pam was only in my life for a short time before she died, but she was there when we needed each other and will be forever changed because of her. I think that can often happen from people who come into our lives for just a short time:




When someone is in your life for a REASON,

it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.

They have come to assist you through a difficulty,

or to provide you with guidance and support,

to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are.

They are there for the reason you need them to be.

...

Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time,

this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

...

Sometimes they die. Sometimes they just walk away.

Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails