Jan 4, 2010

Books, magazines and reading plans for the new year....




I'm a day behind ALREADY in my 'year of prompts'....I did sit in bed last night to respond, but got distracted by reading up on the new yoga studio opening up soon and trying to decide whether that one would be better than Bikram yoga....are all hot yoga's equal????  Hmmm

Anyway, Val was discussing books on her blog too and had been saying she was reading several autobiographies.  A friend of hers had mentioned the 'Kindle' or electronic book that she had received for Christmas and that holds thousands of books  in one small gadget and we were discussing the pro's and cons of this.

Yesterdays prompt asked what I had been reading lately.  To be honest, I haven't read much since 'The Book Thief'.  I really have been too busy with Christmas and creating my JYC album.  I've been writing a lot too.  For Christmas I received Oprahs wonderful book, and I also got the book that I mentioned previously, about the pressed fairies.

I have book 3 in The Immortals series to read - I think it's called 'Shadowlands' and it's by Alyson Neil I think.....they're actually teen novels, similar to Twilight and the first two I borrowed from Vals daughter. I loved them and was thrilled when book 3 was released 3 months early!!!  :)

Kelly Rae Roberts recommended the latest issue of Oprah Magazine, saying it was the best issue she had ever read.....and as I hadn't read an issue for a long while (I just buy the books as then you get the best articles without all those adverts) I thought I'd give it a try - I actually love New Years issues of magazines as I find them quite inspiring and motivating - and THIS issue of O Mag is wonderful!!!

Apart from that I'm reading up on the Winter Olympics because that is what we're studying for next month.....and we'll be continuing our China project with the Chinese New Year Festivities in the not too distant future....I'm not actually in the mood to read much right now...I want to write and DO and so if I do read I think it will have to be mgazines for a while or something I can flick through or not have to focus too much on...

How about you?  What are you reading?
Related Posts with Thumbnails