Jan 4, 2010

First day of school and work.....a return to routine...




Lloyd went back to work today - after much sulking and skulking for the last couple of days lol - I swear all he did for the last couple of days was hang his head and mumble "I don't wanna go back to work"....I think he enjoyed his time off just sooo much he really relaxed so much this time and he really needed that.

Lloyd had coffee with me before he headed in to downtown - and he made sure everyone else was up and about and ready for the bus.  I  sat up all bleary eyed in the dark and then apologised and told him there was no way I could wake up so early and I needed to go back to sleep for a couple of hours - he just laughed and kept talking to me until I was more awake!  Finally the coffee woke me up!

After I waved Lloyd and Chris off and then waved Susie and Laurie off as they walked down to the bus, I sat in bed and checked my Emails - I had some LOVELY Emails to start my day this morning :)  Such a nice way to start the week :)

Sam was still fast asleep beside me and as the house was still silent, I knew Abby was still fast asleep too.  I really should have woken them both up but I was enjoying the quiet all to myself!!!  that doesn't happen too often!!  Tomorrow will be different!!

And so, as the new school/ work year starts I am looking forward to getting back in to our new routine.  We've changed a few things - changed the days Abigail goes to her classes.  We won't be having such a crazy rush day on Thursdays.  Sam goes back to his PreK class this week and is so excited to see his teachers and friends again.  We have some plans with some homeschool friends for some group activities and some other get togethers....and of course our regular breakfasts with Val!!!

There are also 4 birthdays to celebrate this month AND the Winter Olympics torch is coming through our town :)  Ice on Whyte  to enjoy too!!

I've missed Lloyd today and will be happy to see his car come up the driveway in a little while...but it's been a lovely calm day here with everybody out and about at school and work - and I feel all organized having gotten caught up with all the chores around here!

And now, I'm caught up on prompts too :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails