Feb 16, 2010

Pancake Day!!!














Laurence and Susannah had pancakes and breakfast sausages at school today  - one of the joys of being at Catholic school....but they were North American style pancakes - the fat and fluffy kind that e have all the time.  I actually prefer them...BUT, on pancake day it seems that the right and proper thing to do is have REAL English stodgy old pancakes!!!   Like fat crepes - cooked in a frying pan and TOSSED.  

Because really the whole fun of pancake day is in the tossing :)  The tossing of the pancakes :)  And so, this evening I made a big jug of batter and the kids each made their own pancakes which they had with lemon juice and sugar...or jam...or syrup....or sprinkles and I took pictures of them tossing :)

I had already told Abigail tales of the pancakes races I took part in with my little play frying pan as a child....you had to run a race against other children while tossing a little pancake up in the air from your frying pan as you ran.  If you dropped your pancake you had to pick it up and put it back in your pan and keep tossing.  So much fun!!!!  :)  I might do that wit Sam and Abby tomorrow!!  We weren't home at all today to do it!  

When I was little my frying pan was a little plastic pale blue one.   I remember my Mom running against all the other Moms though when I was at preschool.  She had to run with a big frying pan - wow and they are HEAVY!  


This image is from google images and NOT of my Mom ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails