May 18, 2011

So long ago....


One hour ago... I was catching up on Facebook AND looking at houses on Comfree and MLS (nothing except the one I like)

Two hours ago... I was just getting home from my night out and hearing about Sams skateboarding adventures

Four hours ago... I was eating pita chips and spinach dip with Sharon at Montanas and laughing about crazy gynaecologists stories :)

Eight hours ago... I was eating frozen yogurt and yummy toppings with the kids while we waited for the Summer wheels to be put on.  

Twelve hours ago...I was planning my next two weeks of homeschool playdates and events and putting them into my calendar.

Twenty four hours ago... I was editing my profile on match - deleting pictures and changing what I had written.  

Three days ago... I met Ki for the first time, had a great time at the Antiques place.  Went to Katies Crossing, stayed up until 3am.

One week ago... I was finally better after being sick for two full days.  I was finally able to open my cards and gifts for Mothers Day from the children.  I was able to go out for a while even though I felt weak and tired.  

One month ago...I thought Summer would never arrive.  I was feeling quite down about myself and about my weight and motivation, about life, relationships and friendships, the house, the future - but I think it was just the weather and no sign of Spring arriving....

Six months ago...I heard about a class called Soul Restoration and decided to sign up for it - I had no idea how much it would change my life, and how many great people it would bring in to my life.

One year ago... I thought my life was over - I thought I would NEVER get over Lloyd leaving me....I was in despair....I would never have guessed that I would feel this good in just a year!

Five years ago...I wasn't even blogging here - I was over on another blogging website.  I don't even remember the name.  We had probably started planning the new kitchen...and started looking for builders/ designers we liked.

Ten years ago... I was just about to fall pregnant with Abigail.  I was living in Edinburgh with Lloyd and Susannah and we were building a house in a nearby town....the boys were moving up with us at the end of the Summer term.

Twenty years ago...I married Nigel.  I was 19 and it was a gorgeous sunny September day.  

Thirty years ago...I was 9 and loved to roller skate, ride my bicycle, play swing ball, play tennis in the road or against the wall of my house, I went to Brownies on Tuesday evenings and HATED it.  Lloyd lived in one of the houses behind mine, and my best friend Natasha lived in the other house behind mine.  I went to the village school.  I loved Bucks Fizz's song 'Making Your Mind Up' from that year. Here are the number one songs from that year and I have to admit they all have memories for me..of youth club...of school...of my Sisters....of home...


"
There's No-one Quite Like Grandma" - St Winifred's School Choir (1)
"
Imagine" - John Lennon (4)
"
Woman" - John Lennon (2)
"
Shaddup You Face" - Joe Dolce Music Theatre (3)
"
Jealous Guy" - Roxy Music (2)
"
This Ole House" - Shakin' Stevens (3)
"
Making Your Mind Up" - Bucks Fizz (3)
"
Stand and Deliver" - Adam and the Ants (5)
"
Being With You" - Smokey Robinson (2)
"
One Day in Your Life" - Michael Jackson (2)
"
Ghost Town" - The Specials (3)
"
Green Door"- Shakin' Stevens (4)
"Japanese Boy" - 
Aneka (1)
"
Tainted Love" - Soft Cell (2)
"
Prince Charming" - Adam and the Ants (4)
"
It's My Party" - Dave Stewart (the keyboardist) & Barbara Gaskin (4)
"
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" - The Police (1)
"
Under Pressure" - Queen & David Bowie (2)
"
Begin the Beguine" - Julio Iglesias (1)
"
Don't You Want Me" - The Human League (3)

Related Posts with Thumbnails