May 18, 2011

Wednesday tag....


1. What reveals more about a woman-her refrigerator or her purse?   Definitely her purse I think....I think you can tell a lot about me from my purse for sure....for a start I keep my journal , pens and glue in it which speaks VOLUMES about the kind of person I am :)  My iphone with all it's apps  and secrets :)  and all the pictures I have on it - and that almost all of the apps on it are photography apps or kids games!!  My migraine meds and painkillers...

2. When was the last time you went to the zoo? Where? What's your favorite zoo animal?  Last Summer some time....and my favourite animal would be a Panda or a porcupine...I also love dolphins :)

3. What social issue fires you up?  Education...especially how useless school educations can be.  For instance my Ex has now drilled it in to my poor little six year olds head that he HAS to go to school or he will 'never learn anything'.....which is basically like telling him that he hasn't learned anything for this last year.  I think that is really sad as he is only in Kindergarten and he has already covered the alphabet, counting to one hundred, adding and subtraction to twenty, basic reading, spelling quite a few simple words, his writing is coming on really well his art work is fabulous, he has done quite a bit of science including life cycles and a few other things covered in higher grades because of being with Abigail.  Days of the week, months of the year....BUT he won't learn ANYTHING unless he goes to school.

On the other hand, his big sister Susannah is in grade 7 and just failed Social because they were studying something that she is NEVER going to need to know again in the rest of her life....I dont even know about it and it doesn't interest her at all....BUT, when we were in canmore a few weeks ago I was driving and I asked her to read the SIMPLE map to tell me how to get to the breakfast diner...and she didn't know how to!!  It was a BASIC map of a straight road and we had to follow one road and turn right!!  She couldn't do it!!!  She didn't even know which way to hold the map!!!  And today!!  Today I asked her what the capital of Canada was.  She told me Toronto!  Then she guessed Vancouver!  Then she guessed Alberta????  Then Ontario???  She then googled it and said she would NEVER have guessed Ottawa!!!!  

But hey, if you don't go to school you will never learn ANYTHING!!!!!  :(

4. Are you a coupon clipper? If so, are you extreme?  No, I loved the coupon book that I bought from Samantha, and I will use coupons if I have them for places like restaurants or tourist places, but I haven't got into the grocery coupons yet.  I have just joined a great group on facebook and I am trying to learn about it, but I don't get any of the local papers or flyers where I live so I don't get coupons at all, so for now I am studying it all and I think I will start when I move in to town.  I do love the idea of saving money this way though.  It is great getting free meals and car services and taking the kids out for the night and having fun for free :)  

5. What is one of your favorite souvenirs brought back from your travels?  I have a pot in my kitchen window filled with bits of driftwood that I have collected from different trips to the sea and lakes and rivers....one piece from the beach in Vancouver, several from lakes near Canmore, Jasper, Banff etc etc....they all have memories for me and they look pretty all stood together in the pot :)

6. Lemon meringue or key lime?  Lemon Meringue....but I only really like the lemon bit and the pastry...I don't like too much of the meringue bit....i'll eat it though.  I love the lemon filling though mmmmm :)

7. What is the most beautiful word you know in any language?  I like the word 'lovely'  :)  which is probably why I say it ALL the time :)  lol!!!

8. Insert your own random thought here. I wish it was still raining.  It would have been nice to fall asleep listening to a summer rainstorm :)  


Related Posts with Thumbnails