Jun 21, 2006

Playing catch-up!





I haven't posted for a few days so I have so much to say!!!

Last Friday we spent the day relaxing at home. Chris watched Braveheart on dvd while the others watched home videos on the computer. Susie sent some emails to Lloyd and Grandma and Terry etc etcChris phoned Lego and managed to get them to send hima free copy of the Lego moviemaker cd rom he needs!!! Abby sat on my bed naked except for a winter hat, watching treehouse for a while! I read her some books including reading 5 Little Monkeys to her and Sam..... Chris read to Sam too for a while and I took pictures. The kids did some crafts, played a long game of Risk and walked the dogs....the trampoline seems to be very popular still too!

In the afternoon my Nan phoned - I was really surprised as she doesn't phone often...maybe once a year or so......she is 95 almost I think...and a few weeks back she fell and broke her hand.....I sent hera card and letter and a few treats......her nurse arrived while I was on the phone and I heard Nanny tell her 'I'm talking to my Granddaughter in CANADA...so proudly :) so we were talking about bears and coyotes and the chickens (she used to keep chickens too) and the children etc etc...I could tell the nurse knew wll about us...she even asked after Sam! It was lovely to chat with her too and I guess it just made me sad to think I probably won't ever see her again. She kept apologising for not sending parcels to us any more but because of her health she can't go shopping...I told her not to worry at all!

Lauries friends (the twins) slept over. On Saturday morning after waffles for breakfast I drove them home into the city. Laurie decided to spend the day at their house, so we left them all there and Chris and I went to the mall for some gifts for Lloyd for Fathers Day. On the way home we stopped by the museum for Chris to meet his new boss! They were having a pancake breakfast for Fathers Day....They gave us a tour of behind the scenes in the museum and we filled in all the necessary forms. Chris will be volunteering there all day every Tuesday...he's thrilled...

Saturday afternoon Susie went to J's birthday party. J lives in the house behind our old house. It was a tropical garden party (sadly the weather wasn't great) so Susie wore her swimsuit and a grass skirt! She looked great! We picked Laurie up after the birthday party.

In the evening we all curled up and watched the Oilers beat The 'canes in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. It was fun!!!

Sunday was Fathers Day. I made Lloyd coffee in bed (a rare thing!) and the kids came in and gave him all their gifts and cards. As I was drying off after my shower, I was watching the girls out on the trampoline....the window was open and I was listening to them take it in turns to sing pop goes the weasel as they jumped around the trampoline together giggling and trying to make each other bounce......I love seeing how close they are now they homeschool.

Lloyd and I went out for coffee in Starbucks and a stroll around Chapters. We stopped off at Blockbusters and bought 5 dvd's from their pre-viewed selection! We got some great ones! War of the Worlds, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Fun with Dick and Jane, Xmas with the Kranks and Yours Mine and Ours.

On the way home we saw a young deer not too far from the road by the Whitemud exit. We have seen a lot of deer around lately. There was one in the back field on Monday as Lloyd was driving home but it changed its mind about going out into the road.....

We went for a walk on Sunday afternoon and found that our grouse family has grown by 4!!! 4 baby grouse living in the woods here :) We spent some time sat out on the porch too - Abby drew a hopscotch court on the porch with chalks and played for ages - her favourite game lately. Chris got the chickens out and the kids sat with them on their laps for ages!

In the evening we curled up and watched Harry Potter all together. I wasn't feeling great so it was a nice relaxing way to spend the day.
Related Posts with Thumbnails