Jun 21, 2006

She amazes me.

The older three are playing a very VOCAL game of Risk at the table. Abigail is beside me here at my desk...in fact I have hardly ANY elbow room to type. She is looking through a book on Birds of Alberta. I showed her how to look up a bird, find which page it is on and see if it lives near us.....so now she is doing that, using the chart on the back to pick a bird and then looking it up in the book.....she keeps telling me which birds we get and what page they are on...she really does amaze me at how fast she learns......I only have to show her something once and she gets it...and she remembers so well.....she's been looking up all the birds she knows, crows (her latest obsession is spotting those!!), hummingbirds, owls - great grey and snowy, magpies, and of course the Mountain Bluebird. Today we saw a red winged blackbird so she wanted to look that up. She likes to write down the page number too...... she's a funny little thing....adores worksheets and 'doing school'. But only when SHE wants to :) which is fine by me :) She's only 4!!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails