Jan 2, 2007

Mum

So My Dad phoned yesterday to say that my Mum had been taken to hospital on New Years Eve by ambulance...with pains in her stomach and difficulty breathing......today I had an update from my Dad who seems to have been left doing all the phoning around......but anyway yes the update is that Mum has Acute Pancreatitis which you can read about at:

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/pancreatitis/index.htm


This is common in alcoholics which is funny because my Mum doesn't drink.

I phoned the hospital and left a message at reception....the children made lots of get well cards to send and we sent flowers.....apart from that there isn't really anything I can do because I'm the other side of the Atlantic.....which isn't easy.....especially when it drives me nuts that the Dr's don't explain even the basics to patients and their loved ones - like what the drip in Mums hand is for.......
Related Posts with Thumbnails